During the installation process, Apple (iOS) users will be asked to allow push notifications. Please agree to receive push notifications on your device. These will alert you to new TigerText messages. If during the initial installation period you elected to not receive push notifications, do the following:
- Tap Notification Center
- Scroll down to the TigerText entry and ensure the following are enabled: a. Alert Style: Select either Banners or Alerts.
- Badge App Icon
- Show in Notification Center
- Show on Lock Screen
- Tap Back to save changes
You should now be able to receive notifications on your device. Additionally, ensure that your device is not in Vibrate/Silent mode. If enabled, the vertical button above the iPhone and iPod Touch’s volume button will be showing orange. Your device will not provide you with an audible notification. There will be either a vibration, or no sound at all.
There are three places where notifications for TigerText for your Android can be configured. Follow the below directions to ensure successful message delivery notifications:
Check TigerText’s application settings
- Open TigerText on your Android device and log in if you have not already done so.
- In the upper left-hand corner of the TigerText conversation screen, tap the hamburger menu button to open the application settings pullout.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Ensure the checkbox to the left of Enable Notifications is checked.
- Ensure the following are turned ON:
- Choose your desired ringtone (below the Vibrate section) by tapping Pick.